Full course description
Welcome to the Descriptive Epidemiology Data Analysis course for noncommunicable diseases. This course provides you with an understanding of the key concepts in conducting a descriptive analysis. You will develop the ability to identify public health data sources and variables of interest, and apply descriptive analysis concepts and methods to surveillance data. You will also understand the research design for descriptive data analysis. This course is aligned to FETP Competency 1 and is intended for FETP mentors and residents.
Course Learning Objectives
● Identify the key steps in conducting a descriptive analysis.
● Identify public health data sources and variables of interest.
● Apply descriptive analysis concepts and methods
● Analyze surveillance data using descriptive statistics.
● Describe research design for descriptive epidemiology data analysis.